Concerns about the risks associated with anesthesia rank among the most common reasons for owners who choose not to have their pet undergo surgery. However, this can be avoided. In properly trained hands, anesthetic risk can be lessened considerably.
We provide anesthesia services for the most difficult and critical cases at the Veterinary Specialty Center of Colorado Springs. We also provide these services in general veterinary practices around the region when owners and/or their veterinarian feel uncomfortable with the pet’s anesthetic risk.
Examples of high risk conditions include, but are not limited to pets with:
- Heart Disease
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Lung Disease
Our specially trained anesthesia team provides:
- Complete physical examination
- Thorough anesthetic plan
- State-of-the-art equipment and monitors
- All drugs, including pre- and post-operative pain control
- Continuous patient monitoring from beginning of anesthesia through the quiet recovery period
- A complete anesthetic record for your pet’s medical files.